Things You Need To Remember To Compose Good Compare And Contrast Essays
A compare and contrast essay requires you to take two subjects and to compare how they are similar and how they are different. This kind of paper can be an interesting one if you pick a topic that is interesting to you and the reader. It is easy to write this kind of paper if you follow the guidelines that are given to you below. You will learn what needs to be in each section, and this kind of paper is only a five-paragraph paper. Each section will be laid out below for you.
Things to Remember in Each Section
- The introduction of your paper should have things like anecdotes, quotations, or generalization on the topic and then you can include your thesis at the end.
- The first topic, which can be one or more paragraph and should describe the first topic that you are comparing and contrasting. But you don’t want to mention the second topic here.
- The second topic should be in the next paragraph. Don’t mention the first topic here but you can mention it briefly but don’t analyze it. You want to go into detail about the second topic.
- The next paragraph will put the two topics together. You will analyze both of the topics independently and then analyze them together. This section can be more than one paragraph as well; you want to make all of the paragraphs in each section as long as it takes to explain the topics.
- The conclusion of your compare and contrast essay should be similar to the introduction. You will be generalizing the thesis, and you should show the reader your knowledge on the subject. You can restate your thesis with new words and show the reader that you have proven your point.
- You could also do it where you write the introduction, and then make all of the comparisons in the next couple paragraphs, and then all of the contrasts in the next few paragraphs after that. Then the conclusion.
Both of these ways are easy things to do when you want to write a compare and contrast paper. If you remember all of these things, write it will be easy and the guide will help you write the paper two ways and it is up to you on which way to you it. And the topics will make it easy to pick which one to use.