Helpful Recommendations On How To Prepare A Winning Scholarship Essay
Essay is a type of descriptive writing or a scholarly article prepared by a student based on a particular topic, theme, subject or any event. These articles are generally academic oriented and the topics are selected from their curriculum or syllabus. In order to develop a winning scholarship essay the student should have some excellent qualities which include the unique writing skills, creativity, thorough research on the subject and last but not the least, a good command over the language.
The academic articles can be categorized into evaluation type, argumentative type, art critical analysis, rhetorical type etc and each one of them follows a unique structure. The structure of a general academic article is given below:
- Title of the article
- Introductory paragraph
- Article body (includes 2-4 paragraphs)
- Reference (optional)
How to develop winning scholarship writing? Tips and suggestions:
Scholarship articles are prepared by the students when they wish to apply for a university or a college and their selection criteria entirely depends on the article developed by them. Scholarship article writing must follow a certain rules and regulations or the guidelines and it differs according to the format of the descriptive writing. Here are some tips to prepare a winning scholarship article:
- Strictly following the instructions when they are provided: a particular format would be provided by the management or university and you need to follow them strictly. It is important to stay within that limit since any violations would lead to rejection of your scholarship.
- Deciding on the topic: as far as scholarship articles are concerned, the applicant will be provided with a specific topic to build a descriptive writing or in some cases he will be provided an idea to build up.
- Understanding the audience: keep in mind that the audiences who review your article are the college management or the admission committee. Develop your article to impress them by dealing with excellent language skills and showcase your writing skills and creativity. In short make an article which makes the authorities to remember your name and profile.
- Adhere to a specific theme or a topic: if you are assigned with a particular topic, never deviate from the actual content and concentrate only on the relevant areas.
- Explaining what makes you stand out from the rest: keep in mind that you are special and different from other applicants and then impress the authorities.
- Crosscheck for minute errors and mistakes in the article and try to avoid even a minute error.